Long-Term Neck Pain Resolution from Your Dunedin Chiropractor
Neck pain can be uncomfortable, frustrating, and even debilitating. Many who experience neck pain will immediately turn to relief using pain killers. Drugs, however, can be addictive and even dangerous. In addition, medication may simply cover the messages your body is sending through pain. At Raveling Chiropractic Center, your Dunedin chiropractor, we take a holistic approach to neck pain. We seek to cure neck pain discomfort at its root cause, providing long-term, lasting relief without the use of drugs. If you are experiencing neck pain and live in the Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, Oldsmar, Clearwater and St. Petersburg area, we encourage you to see us at Raveling Chiropractic Center.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are some common causes of neck pain. They include:
- Auto injuries. Whiplash is a common neck injury that results in neck pain. Whiplash is the sudden movement of the head and neck causing a neck strain. Oftentimes, neck pain from whiplash may not manifest for days or even weeks. It is why seeing a chiropractor soon after any auto accident is such a good idea.
- Sports injuries. While playing sports can be beneficial in many aspects, it can also result in painful neck injuries. Football, in particular, is a common cause of neck pain but it can also come from weightlifting, tennis, gymnastics and other sports.
- Poor posture. Neck pain is often the result of years of poor posture. If this posture isn’t corrected, the pain will likely persist.
- Book Bags. Overweight and improperly worn book bags are an increasing cause of back and neck pain, especially in young people.
- Illness. Illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis and meningitis can be the root cause of neck pain. A visit to your Dunedin chiropractor at Raveling Chiropractic Center can help determine the cause.
- Stress and Tension. People who are under frequent stress often experience neck pain as the result. Chiropractic care can reduce the effects of stress.
How Your Dunedin Chiropractor Can Help
When you are experiencing neck pain, a visit to Raveling Chiropractic Center can get to the core cause. After discussing the seriousness and frequency of your pain, we’ll conduct a physical exam and possibly conduct radiological imaging. Based on the exam and testing, we’ll recommend a treatment plan specifically for you. The treatment program may include massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments and other pain management techniques. The treatments are designed not only to provide relief of pain and restore full range of movement, but to provide long-term results. Many of our patients see at least some neck pain relief and/or range of movement improvement after their first treatment.
Schedule Your Neck Pain Exam Today
If you are suffering neck pain as the result or a car accident, sports injury, or simply don’t understand the cause, make an appointment today at Raveling Chiropractic Center. We are the Dunedin Chiropractor serving the St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Oldsmar, FL area. Call us at (727) 733-0433 . Raveling Chiropractic Center is located at 1116 Belcher Road in Dunedin, Florida. There is no reason to suffer with neck pain when you visit Raveling Chiropractic Center.